Sunday, September 19, 2010

Life keeps moving on


Yes, I woke up at another ungodly hour this morning. Again. At least it was 4 am. I only have a little longer until it is a decent time be wandering through the house. Having a hard time sleeping is only one of the awesome side effects of a miscarriage. Some of the others I won't go into detail about. You can research those lovely ones. My favorite, and I'm not being sarcastic, is the fact I have been using retail shopping as my therapy. I figured I could spend $1000 to see a shrink and maybe get some help, or have it hanging in my closet. I chose the latter. Although I am sure CJ is not too happy with my many recent purchases he has yet to say anything which is very unlike him. Although I know my shopping binge will have to end soon I am enjoying some of my new fall clothes. Thankfully I am getting paid on the 20th, that should make my bank account and my husband happy.

I know some of my friends are afraid I might not be grieving this appropriately or giving myself enough time. I don't really know how to grieve it, or what to do. I have yet to read a book on how to grieve the loss of a baby. A baby I wanted more than anything. A baby I spent two weeks in Belize talking to and letting myself become attached to. A baby who I still yearn for everyday, especially at four on Sunday morning. A baby I only had for four weeks before it was taken away from me. I am doing the best I can.

I am doing better and it is helping me that I have a class full of twenty adorable first graders to go to every morning. I am loving my class. Their sweet smiles are helping me cope.

As a way to become normal I posted our pictures of Belize on my Facebook page. I was so happy then. It took me a month to do because it is hard to look at those pictures. It was such a magical trip. It feels like years ago. So feel free to look at those and I highly encourage your next tropical vacation to be Belize. We loved it. It was such a calming, wonderful place. This picture is now my screensaver because it is so nice to look at. I took this on one of our boat rides out to snorkel the Barrier Reef.


2 comments:

  1. There is no one right way to grieve, sweetie. You do what you have to do (and I STRONGLY believe in retail therapy!) in each moment to make it through. Sleeping, working out, and trying again all helped me. Even with Nugget, I still miss Wild Thing all the time and Jason and I talk about him constantly. It will never leave you. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie is right -- and it was exactly what I was going to see -- there is not right way to grieve. It is all about what you need to do to get through the day. You are loved by so many -- including me; and most of us don't know how to help -- or if you want help. But, please know I think of you everyday. Hugs

    ReplyDelete