Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Favorites in the Kitchen

I love my kitchen for what it is. It is decent in size and layout. I have tried to do as much as I can to make it my own. Someday I will be able to build a kitchen that looks like the one in the movie, "It's Complicated" {Click there to see it, it is fantastic!} For now, I am filling it with some fantastic and much needed appliances, organizers, etc.

The best blender a girl could ask for- The Vitamix 5200. My sweet husband bought me this for my birthday last year. You can blend anything you could ever think of in about 10 seconds. These are the same blenders used at Jamba Juice. It has a motor with 2 horse power- it is crazy! I have made soups (yes, it gets hot enough to make soup), ice cream, sauces, marinades, and smoothies. Delicious! Today's smoothie is: kale, raspberries, carrots, pineapple, pomegranate juice, and water. AMAZING!

Another fantastic appliance is the Bialetti. It is an Italian espresso maker that makes 6 shots of espresso in five minutes. I love making a homemade nonfat latte, I really love it when CJ makes it for me ;)

Finally, I have reorganized my spice racks, shelves, and cupboard. I bought this cute little wall hanging for most of my spices {and the awesome knife rack}. Then I reorganized the spice/medicine cabinet. So much nicer!




2 comments:

  1. Hi my fabulous friend!!! Words can not describe how much I miss you! I love catching up on your blog ... at least I feel like I get to share in a little bit of life with you! Your kitchen favorites are fabulous ... I just love the spice rack and the knife rail. What great ideas ... I'm looking around my kitchen to see if I can copy you! I might have to start making smoothies. Will you share some of your recipes with me???!!
    You, Miss Amy, are such an inspiration! You are such an amazing person and you are constantly inspiring me to be a better person! I love you my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spice rack! I, too, wish I could copy your kitchen (and cooking skills!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete