Sunday, April 11, 2010

Time to write it down...

So, the last few weeks I have made some huge personal changes. I am determined to get in shape and get healthy. I think that by writing it down it will help me keep focused and accountable. Not only do I want to lose weight but I want to get healthy.

I have started a running program that I downloaded onto my iPhone called "Couch to 5K." I LOVE it! For someone who hasn't been a runner it is a great way to get someone started and continue on it. I actually look forward to my runs. I am at the end of week 3 and can't believe I am sticking to it! CJ and are playing golf one day a week or going snowboarding (since the mountain was just dumped on). We have also joined a fun kickball team in SE Portland. Although it isn't super strenuous it is one more way to be active. I have been trying to go to the gym 3-4 times a week which some weeks I do better than others. I am so glad we have a membership at Hawthorne Farm Athletic Club. It is sooo nice there and is not a meat market like 24 hour or Ballys.

I have been eating a lot better to boot! I really would like to lose 15-20lbs. this spring. I have to manage what I am eating and drinking. I really eat pretty healthy, it is the drinking that is killing me. I love a good beer (IPA!) or a glass of wine. I am really limiting this. My doctor also told me he wants me to go wheat-free for 6 weeks. I am on day two of it and it hasn't been so bad. I am hoping that it will help me shed a few pounds.

CJ has been a great influence and inspiration to me. He has lost 40lbs! He is a workout machine. He gets up three times a week at 4:45 to go to a Master's Swimming class at the Downtown Athletic Club. He is a part of a triathlon training group that runs/swims/bikes 3x a week for 2 hours, and he plays soccer two times a week. WOW! He is looking A-MAZING! So sexy! He is so much happier too. Yesterday he and our friend Jeff went on a 64 mile bike ride from Beaverton to Vernonia and back. They are training for the Reach the Beach- starting in Beaverton and riding a bike to Pacific City! It is is a whopping 104 miles. Yowzas! Not for me :) Needless to say he is a huge inspiration and has been nothing but supportive of me.

So, I will make a valiant effort to update this with my progress. Keep me in your prayers. I am not the best with losing weight, but I am hoping that if I write it down it makes it become real.

No comments:

Post a Comment