Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Summer as a Nanny!

After completing my Master's, I wanted to get back into the working world. I decided a great summer gig would be nannying. I had spent a lot of time babysitting/nannying during high school and college but it had definitely been awhile. One of my professors referred me to a family who is newer to the area. They are a family with an almost two year old, Jake, and a four year old, Kylie. I absolutely LOVE these children. I knew starting out that I would only work for them for the summer, but when I started I didn't realize how quickly the time would go by. Two months has flown by so fast! I only have two more weeks with these wonderful children and I am going to miss them immensely. Kylie and Jake are very well behaved and have been taught the best manners! Kylie never says "what," instead she says "pardon!" No joke.. it is so cute! I love that their family has taught them how important manners and kindness are. She is such a softie and cares about everything/everyone. Jake is this funny little guy who will someday be a tough hockey player (like dad) or a football player. He is such a tough guy. He is a "tank" as CJ refers to him. He also cracks me up daily with his impression of the song "We will rock you!"

We have had so much fun this summer going to the zoo, children's museum, pump it up, the park (almost daily), cooking, science experiments, etc. Here are a few pics of my kiddos!






1 comment:

  1. Oh. They are so precious. You have to put Kylie's song on here. They are the best behaved, kiddos I have ever met. Love them.

    ReplyDelete