After the last few weeks I was happy to get a little gift from one of my students. This gift really made me think about how quickly things can change and how lucky we all are and have our families and friends by our side. In my earlier post I told you about one of my sweet little students whose father, a pilot, was killed in a plane crash. He was a beloved father, husband, and friend. He had a very large and wonderful memorial service that I was unable to attend. At the service they gave out little light blue rubber bracelets (similar to the Livestrong bracelets.) I have talked with this girl quite a bit since the tragedy and she is doing remarkably well considering. Well, today she brought me one of these bracelets. It says "Scott Resnick Memorial- Final Approach to Heaven." This little gift brought tears to my eyes. She knew that I had been praying for her and her family since the accident. She told me that if I wanted it, she would like me to have it. I will wear it everyday as a reminder at how precious life is and how thankful I am for even the hardest of days.
Thank you Reilly... You are an inspiration to me. You are so strong, brave, and beautiful. Your dad left a wonderful gift, you and your three siblings. He will always be remembered~
No comments:
Post a Comment